Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Materials are available for borrowing!
Come see us in person, or request items in advance online
Library Hours for Fall Quarter 2022:
Week 1: Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Weeks 2 - 12: Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
All campus visitors must follow the rules for coming to campus. Click the link for more information.
Important Information for Requesting Items Online:
- The Library will process your request within one business day if the item is available and not checked out or on hold for another person. The wait time for materials that are not currently available will vary.
- If the item you need says it is on hold already, place your request anyway. There is a chance that the person who originally requested it will not pick it up, and you may still be able to get it.
- When your request is processed, you will receive an email notification that your item is available for pickup.
- Items can be held for one business day. For example, if you receive your notification on Monday, the item can be picked up during open hours Monday or Tuesday.
- If you need more time to pick up your items, contact us at the De Anza Library Helpdesk. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
How To Request
How to Request Library Materials
Library Webpage view
Library Catalog View
- If you are searching for a textbook for your class, select the "Course Reserves" tab. If you want to search the other collections, select the tab that matches what you are looking for.
- Enter your search terms. If you are searching for a textbook for your class, you may use any of the following information:
- Course ID (example: MATH 1A)
- Instructor Name
- Title and/or Author
- The next page will show your search results:
- Click the title link of the item you are interested in. Be sure to double-check the edition. Then, click the Sign In link in the banner under "Get It":
- Click on "Students, Faculty, and Staff" in the popup box:
- Enter your MyPortal credentials on the next screen. You will be taken back to the catalog once you are logged in.
- You will now see a "Request" link under "Get It":
- Click the link. A Request form will open:
- For now, you will see only one optional field: "Not Needed After". This is useful for books that are already checked out to someone else. If you won't need them after a certain date (for instance, after a project is due), you can note that date here.
- Click "Send Request". You will see the following message when your request is successfully placed: