Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Request Spring Course Reserves and other materials online starting Monday, April 4th!
Pick-up Dates for Spring Quarter 2022:
April 6 - June 24: Monday - Thursday, 10 AM to 5 PM
Walk-ins are also welcome! Visit us and see if we have the materials you need for your courses
Proof of vaccination and booster required for entry to the Library. If exempt, a dated, negative PCR lab test from the last 72 hours is required.
All campus visitors must follow the rules for coming to campus. Click the link for more information.
How To Request
How to Request Library Materials
Library Webpage view
Library Catalog View
- If you are searching for a textbook for your class, select the "Course Reserves" tab. If you want to search the other collections, select the tab that matches what you are looking for.
- Enter your search terms. If you are searching for a textbook for your class, you may use any of the following information:
- Course ID (example: MATH 1A)
- Instructor Name
- Title and/or Author
- The next page will show your search results:
- Click the title link of the item you are interested in. Be sure to double-check the edition. Then, click the Sign In link in the banner under "Get It":
- Click on "Students, Faculty, and Staff" in the popup box:
- Enter your MyPortal credentials on the next screen. You will be taken back to the catalog once you are logged in.
- You will now see a "Request" link under "Get It":
- Click the link. A Request form will open:
- For now, you will see only one optional field: "Not Needed After". This is useful for books that are already checked out to someone else. If you won't need them after a certain date (for instance, after a project is due), you can note that date here.
- Click "Send Request". You will see the following message when your request is successfully placed:
- The Library will process your request within one business day if the item is available and not checked out or on hold for another person.
- If the item you need says it is on hold already, place your request anyway. There is a chance that the person who originally requested it will not pick it up, and you may still be able to get it.
- When your request is processed, you will receive an email notification that your item is available for pickup.
- Items can be held for one business day. For example, if you receive your notification on Monday, the item can be picked up during open hours that Monday or Tuesday.
- Please wait to receive your email confirmation before arriving on campus.
- If you are unable to come to the Library during our open hours, contact us at the De Anza Library Helpdesk. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.