Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Important Changes to Library Borrowing Policies for Winter 2023
With more classes offered in person and the campus re-opening, demand for textbooks and other materials has grown significantly. The Library is returning to pre-Pandemic policies for course materials and the general collection.
While we still have many textbooks available for the whole quarter, some will need to be checked out for shorter periods of time. When you search for Reserves in the catalog, pay attention to the location of the item under "Get It" in the record. It will tell you how long the item may be kept.
Items with a location of Reserves Quarter, Italian Textbooks, Videos, or any of the General Collection locations can be requested online. All other locations are first come, first served.
||Same Day, 1 Day, 3 Days, 7 Days, 21 Days, Quarter
|General Collection (2nd Floor, Picture Books, Audiobooks, Oversized, DeCillis Collection)
||3 renewals if no requests (maximum 12 week checkout)
||2 renewals if no requests (maximum 3 week checkout)
Library Hours for Winter Quarter 2023:
Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Closed Fridays & Weekends
All campus visitors must follow the rules for coming to campus. Click the link for more information.
Important Information for Requesting Items Online:
- The Library will process your request within one business day if the item is available and not checked out or on hold for another person. The wait time for materials that are not currently available will vary.
- If the item you need says it is on hold already, place your request anyway. There is a chance that the person who originally requested it will not pick it up, and you may still be able to get it.
- When your request is processed, you will receive an email notification that your item is available for pickup.
- Items can be held for one business day. For example, if you receive your notification on Monday, the item can be picked up during open hours Monday or Tuesday.
- If you need more time to pick up your items, contact us at the De Anza Library Helpdesk. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
How To Request
How to Request Library Materials
Library Webpage view
Library Catalog View
- If you are searching for a textbook for your class, select the "Course Reserves" tab. If you want to search the other collections, select the tab that matches what you are looking for.
- Enter your search terms. If you are searching for a textbook for your class, you may use any of the following information:
- Course ID (example: MATH 1A)
- Instructor Name
- Title and/or Author
- The next page will show your search results:
- Click the title link of the item you are interested in. Be sure to double-check the edition, and the length of time the item can be checked out. In this example, you can see this Calculus book is "Library Reserves 1 Day". This means it may be kept for one full day.
- Click the Sign In link in the banner under "Get It":
- Click on "Students, Faculty, and Staff" in the popup box:
- Enter your MyPortal credentials on the next screen. You will be taken back to the catalog once you are logged in.
- You will now see a "Request" link under "Get It":
- Click the link. A Request form will open:
- Click "Send Request". You will see the following message when your request is successfully placed: