Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You may now request Course Reserves and other materials online for pick-up!
Requests must be made in advance. Please wait to receive your confirmation email before coming to campus.
Location: De Anza College Library Main Lobby
Dates of Operation for Fall Quarter 2021: September 20 - December 10
Sept. 20 - Oct. 1: Mondays and Tuesdays 8AM - 1PM; Wednesdays and Thursdays 12PM - 5PM
Oct. 4 - Dec. 10: By Appointment (See instructions below)
All campus visitors must follow the rules for coming to campus. Click the link for more information.
How To Request
How to Request Library Materials
Library Webpage view
Library Catalog View
- If you are searching for a textbook for your class, select the "Course Reserves" tab. If you want to search the other collections, select the tab that matches what you are looking for.
- Enter your search terms. If you are searching for a textbook for your class, you may use any of the following information:
- Course ID (example: MATH 1A)
- Instructor Name
- Title and/or Author
- The next page will show your search results:
- Click the title link of the item you are interested in. Be sure to double-check the edition. Then, click the Sign In link in the banner under "Get It":
- Click on "Students, Faculty, and Staff" in the popup box:
- Enter your MyPortal credentials on the next screen. You will be taken back to the catalog once you are logged in.
- You will now see a "Request" link under "Get It":
- Click the link. A Request form will open:
- The fields in the form are optional. Here is what they mean:
- "Not Needed After": This is useful for books that are already checked out to someone else. If you won't need the item after a certain date (for instance, after a project is due), you can note that date here.
- "Comment": An area for you to type in any information you think the Library needs to know. Please do not use this field to make appointment times or ask for a specific pick up date. The first 2 weeks of the quarter, requests must be collected in one business day once they are fulfilled.
- Click "Send Request". You will see the following message when your request is successfully placed:
- The Library will process your request within one business day if the item is available and not checked out or on hold for another person.
- If the item you need says it is on hold already, place your request anyway. There is a chance that the person who originally requested it will not pick it up, and you may still be able to get it.
- When your request is processed, you will receive an email notification that your item is available for pickup.
- Items can be held for one business day. For example, if you receive your notification on Monday, the item can be picked up during open hours that Monday or Tuesday.
- Please wait to receive your email confirmation before arriving on campus.
- If you made your request after the first 2 weeks of the quarter, once you receive your email confirmation, use the chat function on our website to connect with a staff person. They will set an appointment time for you to come pick up your materials.