The purpose of this guide is to provide an overview of resources in U.S. History available at Foothill Library.
Begin Your Research with Reference Sources
Reference sources are useful for:
• Choosing a topic
• Understanding terminology
• Locating background information
• Identifying search terms
• Identifying additional resources
Find a list of reference sources in the right-hand column.
For additional help in writing a research paper and locating sources refer to the research guides below.
• Library Research Basics
This guide provides basic tips on how to research and write a paper.
• Primary Sources - United States and California History
This guide helps users identify, locate and use primary sources in their historical research.
• Evaluating Your Information Sources
This guide gives tips on what to look for and questions to ask when evaluating print and online sources